No More a Blogging Child

She is gone...gone, gone.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Short Ramble

Through diverse and odd workings I suddenly found myself on the Miss World website perusing the various contestants. To be truthful I was slightly astonished at what I saw -- a preconceived impression of mine unceremoniously dashed away. I had always thought, that in order to represent one's country as the most beautiful/modelic woman breathing there, one had to be that most beautiful/modelic (B/M) woman. I had to laugh, for pictured on the pages before me were not only the B/M women, but also several women who were no more attractive then the average "Joe-ess"; infact, two or three could have been labeled as completely unlovely. That misunderstanding delightfully cleared up a "happy thought indeed" struck me -- several people I personally am acquainted with who not only by their facial beauty, but far more importantly by their Godly character far surpass the majority of Miss World contestants.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Interesting. You mean I could be Miss USA someday?!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Brandy said…

    my dear, you would win hands down... no one else would even bother to show up because they would all be in awe of your grace and charm and your bee-yoo-tiful personality :) lol, luvs

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    I guess my 'meaning' was the mixed up priorities and values of the world and America.

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Ah, I see. You mean I couldn't be Miss USA someday? Just kidding m'dear.

    It does seem that the entire princess-producing industry is not only utterly bankrupt moraly, but also completely un-American. Note that I did not assimilate those two objections into one. The un-American objection can be dropped in the case of Miss World. But as for being un-American: the only reason America is interested in monarchy is because we all view royals as celebrities--and you know how we love celebrities. *sigh* Therefore we get Princesses of our own to pet, admire, and envy and thus are made to feel on an equal footing with all the other superfluous monarchies of the world.

    Enough of my jibberish.

    My, my Brandy my dear--thou hast turned to be quite a flatterer! :)

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    I concur....And no..I mean yes...what?

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Brandy said…

    lol, i try dear :)

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lady Marrakesh - when providence affords you an opportunity, you have a welcome in that far off and exotic place, Salinas. We love Morroccan food, we think our children need your teaching influence, and you've got a strong case to sweep the Miss 801 Danbury contest. Lotsa love from RNMB.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    My most humble thanks to my dear Salinas Cousins!! Not only for the complement of the now, but for your family's warm generosity towards my family and your "mi casa es tu casa" attitude towards us. I enjoyed my time there as much as the 'circumstances' would allow, and would love to return to your "nest" on a more joyfull occasion!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home