No More a Blogging Child

She is gone...gone, gone.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Washington State Judo championships

Sara took an amazing first in her division -13 to 14 year olds. She competed against higher ranked players, as well as them being slightly heavier in weight. I was able to watch her final match and it was purely electric! The opposing girl was huge, not much lighter than the sumo girl from last time, and yet Sara still managed to rout her.
My perfomance was abit of a repeat of Sara's last comp. I was unable to eat much before hand and that showed immediately. Though I fought well, it lacked stamina and endurance which landed me the bronze medal due only to a round robin division. The girls in my division were awesome. It turns out the gold medalist hung out with a friend of mine's little brother years ago- its quite disconcerting to be beaten by someone you've retained in your mind as a short litle kid of seven, but who is now big enough (5'9-10) and experienced enough to take you down. The silver medalist and I got along quite well and I had a great time chatting with her, we both are most likely going out for track this year. :) All in all it was a great competition. Losing is never better when you like the person beating as well as them having a great attitude about it.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Brandy said…

    woohoo!! congratulations, both of you - that's really cool :) I'd never have the guts to do that :D

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Wow, I guess that means Sara doesn't need you as a body-guard at her movie premieres...I'm sorry to hear about your unemployment. Sounds like you'll be busy enough breaking records in Judo and Track. Congrats to you both!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Nathan said…

    Dude! So awesome! Keep going, y'all! And eat, Jenna! You need your strength, ya know?

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    Thanks you guys(and girl)!!
    Being unemployed hasn't been so bad considering that I may have a new client soon (Beka). Unless we can convince her to take Judo with us..... :) I'll defintely try to eat lots next time; I guess taco Bell will be getting alot more of my business. lol

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    See comment on above post. :)

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    Congrats! I really need to watch this stuff happen sometime!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Way to go you two! Pretty exciting stuff. :-)

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    March 4th is the next one :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home