No More a Blogging Child

She is gone...gone, gone.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Hair day

Today was awesome!! I did what I do at least once a year, and that was go to Nalovah's (Zora's Braids and More). My hair was really needing something to be done with it as it has been a whole year and a month since the last treatment. It was so bad I was starting to get a natural fro in it if I didn't use two handfuls of gel every morning. Talk about an expensive way to live... and besides that it used to stick a literal eight to twelve inches out from my head it had so much volume and frizz.
Well anyways, today I went in and got a relaxer put on it. That process takes about an hour or so, and then after that she cut it and layered it. It feels so good not to have such heavily volumed hair!!
Nalovah truly is the wonderwoman of the hair world!! I absolutely love her! No one else I have gone to can handle my hair like she does! She is also an awesome person to be with, with her COOL accent (she was born in Comoros{thats an island near South Africa} and lived in France) and infectious laughter, she makes you feel comfortable with her immediately.

IF you can't already tell that I am happy, then I AM HAPPY. Ok now I'm scaring you right?

12 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Insight into Jenna's brain: Jenna is happy when her hair is happy. =) It must be really nice having made your annual visit to your wonderful hair-dresser! So where's the picture of the transformation? Please?

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger CelloChic said…

    Yep. That lady is pretty cool, I walked past her shop every week to get to Quist's shop. I think we actually popped in to see you when you were getting your hair done last year. PLEASE POST A PIC!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Hey you--when are you going to accept the invitation??? Did you read your email????

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger CelloChic said…

    Yeah! BLOG WITH US!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    You know I thought your hair looked great the other night when I saw it at the candle party but I didn't say anything for fear that it always looked that good and I had just missed it somehow along the way. Sorry I am a little slow on the uptake. Jenna, your hair looks great!!!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    Wow its been along time since I last commented, forgive the laxity (sp?). Yes it has been freeing, my head feels so much lighter and its been such a relief :) Emo Hawk sounds Cool!
    I don't blame you Crystal as it isn't too drastic of a change for most people. The big difference isn't in the looks so much as it is in how long it took to do it, from 45 mins (at times it was more) to 6 mins tops.
    Picture? Soooon I hope.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Yaaaayyyyy!!! Does this mean you're back??!! Happy day! C'mon, pic please...

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Jenna, do I have to start the "a blog is a little gray cat" thing again?? Ahem--post please!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Whoah. Totally che skin Jen! I thought I had clicked on the wrong link at first. And that's a great quote. Who wrote it?

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger La*Oriente said…

    The Posts are coming!! Truely!
    Thanks Bek. I think it was Longfellow, but I'm not sure. I'll check it out.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Well actually Jenna, I'm beginning to wonder...

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    Oh Jeeeeeennaaaaa!!! (in best singing voice)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home